- How to Keep Your Kids Entertained During a Long Road Trip
- Mom Who Carried Terminally Ill Baby To Term To Donate Organs, Has Given Birth
- Recall Alert: Frito-Lay Recalls Various Potato Chip Snacks
- Recall Alert: Chicken Soup Products
- Man Arrested For Punching Toddler
- WATCH: American Airlines Employee Said To Have Hit A Mom With Stroller – Just Missing Baby
- PRODUCT RECALL: Frozen Hash Browns
- Hair Color Appointment Almost Kills Pregnant Woman’s Baby
- Mom Shares Story About Secondary Drowning
- Nurse Drops Newborn And Fractures His Skull
7-Year-Old Boy Dies From Flu-Related Illness
The family of a seven-year-old boy from East Liverpool, Columbiana, Ohio, is grieving his loss after he died from a flu-related illness.
Wade Boley, Columbiana Coroner, said that Colton Williams passed away this past Saturday. The boy had been sick and wheezing for a couple of days, this is according to Colton’s mother, who did not want to be identified.
Colton was taken to the emergency room last Friday for flu symptoms and was treated and released to go home. On Saturday morning, he was brought back to the hospital after he became unconscious and unfortunately, Doctors were unable to revive him
One East Liverpool father, who was upset to hear the news said
“They need to get it under control, they need to do something,” he said.
“Definitely thoughts and prayers are with them it’s just a tragedy,” another parent added.
Boley confirmed that Colton is the second child to pass away from a flu-related illness in the County. The boy is also the fourth child who died in the state from flu complications this year.
Just last week, FOX 8 Cleveland reported that a six-year old girl from Rocky River passed away from flu complications.