Alert: Teen Dies From A Hickey

May 8, 2017
Keep Reading ↓

Julio Macias Gonzalez, a 17-year-old teen from Mexico City, died from a stroke after his girlfriend gave him a hicky.

The love bite his girlfriend gave him after a date led to a blood clot, which resulted in a stroke.

The teen suddenly started convulsing during a family dinner, then collapsed into his dinner plate and his family called emergency services and had him rushed to the hospital. However, it was already too late.

Earlier that evening, Julio spent time with his girlfriend and they started kissing. She gave him a love bite on his neck. The bite reportedly broke the capillaries at the surface of his skin and produced a common hickey.

This hickey ended up not being as normal as usual as it produced a blood clot. It became dislodged and traveled through his artery up into his brain and when it did, the teen collapsed at the dinner table and died.

The boy’s family is now blaming the girlfriend for his premature death. Although the hickey was never meant to hurt her lover, it did and now she is reportedly on the run.

Love bites or hickeys occur when a partner sucks on a part of the skin. This suction causes the blood vessels to break and may in extremely rare instances cause a blood clot. If this clot dislodges and travels to the brain, it can cause a stroke.

Bruising from a hickey can last for up to two weeks. Rare are they this serious, but they can also be rather embarrassing to walk around with!

One Comment

  1. Susan

    October 9, 2017 at 10:50 pm

    I understand the pain of the family, but I don’t think it’s right for them to blame the girlfriend. This is something kids do all the time and I’ve never heard of anyone dying from it before. She would have no reason to even think that it would harm him at all. Not only that, but he obviously let her so she isn’t even completely at fault for the hickey at all. Much less his death.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *