Deputies Called To Suspected Shooter’s Home 39 TIMES Over 7 Years

February 17, 2018
Keep Reading ↓

Before Nikolas Cruz carried out his mass killing at a Florida high school earlier this week, police responded to his home 39 times over a seven-year period, according to disturbing documents that have emerged.

Details about the calls to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office — obtained from police records by CNN — were not immediately available- and it was near impossible to determine if all involved Cruz.

However,  the nature of the emergencies at his Parkland home included “mentally ill person,” “child/elderly abuse,” “domestic disturbance” and “missing person,” KTLA reported.

A schoolmate, Brody Speno, also told reporters that cops were called to Cruz’s home “almost every other week.”

“Something wasn’t right about him,” Speno mentioned to CNN. “He was off.”

Speno said that he knew Cruz from elementary school and described him as “an evil kid” who was “always getting in trouble.”

Cruz — who posted images of himself on Instagram posing with guns and kniveshas confessed to killing 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland and made an alarming online comment about a recent mass shooting.

“Man I can do so much better,” he wrote.

At Least 17 Dead In `Horrific` Florida School Shooting

A gunman opened fire at a South Florida high school yesterday that killed 17 people and sent students running for their lives, according to law enforcement officers on the scene.

17 victims died, after being taken to Broward Health Coral Springs, Broward Health North, Broward Health Medical Center and Boca West Medical Center.

Victims include students and adults, the Broward Sheriff’s Office said.

The suspect, 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz, was taken into custody off campus.

John McCall/South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The student reportedly slipped out of the school after the shooting by blending in with other students who were trying to escape, according to two law enforcement sources and an eyewitness.

Cruz had “countless magazines” and was believed to have an AR-15 rifle, the sheriff noted.

The sheriff said that Cruz had attended the school but was expelled for disciplinary reasons.

Students were seen running out of the school with their hands up as authorities with guns drawn swarmed the area.

Other students were seen lined up one by one, leaving the area in an orderly fashion.

Some students were hysterical, reported ABC affiliate WPLG.

A mother shaking with worry told reporters that her daughter said she was OK, huddled in a locked classroom.

“She’s terrified,” the mother said. “I’m glad that she’s able to text.”

Still locked in. I checked the local news and there is 20 victims. Long live Majory Stoneman Douglas High. pic.twitter.com/4kQMAlCBWt

— Aj22000 (@TheCaptainAidan) February 14, 2018

A Freshman student, Samuel Dykes, told the Orlando Sentinel that he was on the third floor of the school when he heard gunshots.

Officers reportedly told students to look forward as they evacuated, but Dykes told reporters that he saw several bodies in a classroom.

John McCall/South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Another mother said that her daughter “keeps telling me to stay away. ‘Be safe, Mom, stay away.‘”

“I won’t stay away,” she said, telling her daughter, “I’m your mother.”

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel called it a “horrific homicidal act.”

Investigators are currently probing Cruz’s social media accounts for clues, the sheriff said, calling some of the things posted “very disturbing.”

If you see something, say something,” Israel said at a news conference earlier today. “If anybody has any indicator that someone’s going through a behavioral change, on social media if there are disturbing photos, perhaps bombs or firearms or just videos or pictures that are just not right, please make sure law enforcement knows about it.”

On Wednesday evening,  law enforcement presence was strong – consisting of both the Broward County Sheriff’s Office and Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office was spotted at the Lantana Cascade Mobile Home Park in Lake Worth.

Pierre Jospitre said that he was pulling into his driveway from work when he saw the suspect on the ground with an official on top of him.

Within a few seconds, several law enforcement officers swarmed the area, Jospitre said, adding that when the suspect was picked up off the ground, he was vomiting and was not walking right.

It has been reported that the school will be closed for the rest of the week, Broward County Public Schools announced Wednesday night.

There are over 3,000 students at the school, according to its website. Broward County Public Schools superintendent said grief counselors would be available for all students..

President Donald Trump tweeted, “My prayers and condolences to the families of the victims of the terrible Florida shooting. No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.” 

My prayers and condolences to the families of the victims of the terrible Florida shooting. No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 14, 2018

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *