Former NFL Player’s Toddler Dies From Window Blind Cord Strangulation

December 30, 2016
Keep Reading ↓

Elsie Mahe Found With Window Blind Cord Wrapped Around Her Neck

On November 22, Elsie Mahe daughter of former NFL running back of the Philadelphia Eagles, Reno Mahe, passed away a week after accidentally entangling a window blind cord around her neck.

Mahe wrote on his Instagram account:

“Our Elsie girl has officially been released to heaven,

 We feel peace and we are again so grateful for the privilege of being Elsie’s parents. She continues to sprinkle love and hope across the world and I am in awe of the Lord and His marvelous plan for my sweet girl.”

The girl’s mother, Sunny, immediately performed CPR before Elsie was flown to Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City.

Elsie was sedated at the hospital but was unresponsive which required them to put her on a ventilator.

A GoFundMe page has been started up by a family friend, where he shared updates on Elsie’s condition during her stay in the hospital.

On the page, he said that with every piece of positive news that came, there was also a negative.

He said that after Elsie was able to breathe on her own, it was discovered that she was now experiencing seizures.

Although her brains base was able to perform it’s basic functions, her upper lobes suffered horrible consequences from not receiving enough oxygen.

It’s important to remember these safety tips which can help you prevent window cord strangulation:

  • Use cordless or inaccessible cord window coverings in homes where young children live or visit.
  • Examine all shades and blinds for accessible cords on the front, side and back.
  • Do not place cribs, beds and furniture close to the windows.
  • Check regularly that cords are out of reach of young children and cannot form dangerous loops.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *