Four Adults, Teen And Toddler Found Dead From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

November 21, 2017
Keep Reading ↓

The Jefferson County sheriff has confirmed that four people – two adults, a teenager and a toddler — died last weekend at a residence apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning.

James Miller, 42, and Andrea Margaret Miller, 46, were among the victims who were found dead about noon Sunday at a residence on Hillcrest Drive between Leetown and Kearneysville, Sheriff Pete Dougherty said.

A 16-year-old male, who is believed to be the son of James Miller, and a 3-year-old girl, believed to be the granddaughter of Andrea Miller, also were found dead, the sheriff said.

The names of the juveniles have not been released to date.

When emergency personnel arrived at the scene, they found a strong odor and discovered the victims inside.

Dougherty said that officers found a generator that was being used inside the home, and they believe that carbon monoxide poisoning appears to be the cause of the deaths.

The bodies were taken to a local funeral home and then later transported to Charleston to the state Medical Examiner’s Office.

Dougherty said the residence is an area which is located on the border of Jefferson and Berkeley counties.

Teenage Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted In Her Sleep

A teenage girl in Vietnam has died after being electrocuted in her sleep by her faulty iPhone charging cable.

Le Thi Xoan, aged 14, reportedly rolled over onto the torn cable and as a result, been exposed to the live wire, police in the Vietnamese capital Hanoi said.

The girl was found unconscious by her parents and was rushed to a local hospital; however, doctors were unable to revive her and pronounced her dead.

Police later found the burnt white cable on her bed and believe that a slight tear in the rubber casing may have revealed the live wires inside.

According to investigators, the police believe that the girl had plugged her Apple device into charge and laid the iPhone 6 on her bed just like she did every night.

The police said the tragedy likely struck as she slept and rolled onto the iPhone’s charging cable, which electrocuted her with the current.

The charging cable is now being inspected but the authorities said they are yet to determine whether it was the original Apple wire or a third-party device.

In a picture showing the burnt cable, it appears to be shorter than Apple’s original 20-inch charging cable.

See-through tape had also been wrapped around the front of the cable, which suggests that the victim may have been aware of the wear and tear but decided to continue using it regardless.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *