Infant’s Tragic Death From Phone Charger Prompts Safety Warning

December 8, 2016
Keep Reading ↓

It could happen to any mom, you fall asleep for a moment while your daughter happily plays with your mobile phone in her cot before nap time.

But one mother’s world was shattered when she woke to find her daughter wasn’t breathing. She had burn marks on her arm and was lying lifeless next to an exposed mobile phone charger wire.

This tragic story, and the confronting photo that accompanies, acts as a grim reminder about how dangerous common household items really are and how your world can be shattered in only a few minutes.

*Warning. Distressing content*

Infant Death Proves Mobile Phone Chargers Can Be Deadly

Last week a mother from Kazakhstan woke up from a quick sleep to find the house quiet. She had left her daughter playing with her mobile phone while it charged on the docket.

When the mother went in to check on her little girl, she noticed she wasn’t breathing and had no pulse.

She immediately wrapped her into a blanket and rushed her to the hospital, praying that she could be saved.

Unfortunately it was too late and the little girl was already gone.

Doctors Suspect Girl Chewed On Cord

Doctors confirmed that the infant died from electrocution, with visible burn marks on her hand and arm.


It is suspected that the little girl started to chew on the cord, which was attached to the wall, leading to her being electrocuted.

It is a distressing story to say the least and one that not only devastated a family but comes with a cautionary tale for all parents about how dangerous mobile phones can be.

Nurse’s Grim Warning To Parents

One of the nurses who attended at the baby’s side posted a photo on social media with one simple statement:

“Do not leave your babies unattended with chargers.”

In the wake of this tragedy, the nurse urges parents to choose safe toys for their children.

While mobile phones may provide a distraction, “the best thing for your baby’s growing brain is a toy or physical object.”

Is Your House Childproof?

Infant’s Tragic Death From Phone Charger Prompts Safety Warning

Parents are also reminded to take their own precautions around the house and triple check that their homes are childproof.

This not only means keeping all charging devices out of the reach of children, but checking all other potentially fatal safety hazards around the home.

Consider where you store your cleaning products and batteries. Also, do check how long your curtain and kettle chords are. You really can never be too careful.

Our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.


  1. Sandra Helig

    January 3, 2017 at 12:10 am

    ….a good reminder for me too, a Grandma!

  2. Cynthia Sandoval

    January 3, 2017 at 12:46 am

    Who puts a baby to bed with an IPhone charging??? that’s just stupid on the parents part.

  3. Michelle Llamas

    January 3, 2017 at 3:19 am

    Andrea Ibarra

  4. Nicole Bradley

    January 3, 2017 at 3:27 am

    I do not believe the parents were stupid, they just were not thinking that it would cost their child’s life. How many parents have you seen texting while driving, walking in front on their children without holding the child’s hand, letting your child play in the toys dept. while you shop. tell you kids to go play in their room without checking to see if they are playing with the outlet. See don’t judge. Pray for them, they have lost the baby. I think they are suffering enough.

    • Cynthia Sandoval

      January 3, 2017 at 3:39 am

      Come on, a iPhone charging, unattended baby, might as well give him a plastic bag to play with too! However, I do believe they are suffering, but it could have been prevented.

  5. JoAnn Merrill

    January 3, 2017 at 4:22 am

    Jim Jim Watson

  6. Judit Horvath

    January 3, 2017 at 4:52 am

    Juan M Sastre read this

  7. Mary Virbes

    January 3, 2017 at 5:21 am

    Carmelina Virbes

  8. Alisha Krine

    January 3, 2017 at 6:30 am

    Stop letting Hank touch ur charger
    Joey Pickles

  9. Roseanne Ben Rodriguez

    January 3, 2017 at 6:43 am

    Lizzie Barrow Krystal Gomez Monique Nichole Rose Ben Christine Saeteurn Danielle Rodriguez

  10. Jade Lepine

    January 3, 2017 at 3:01 pm

    Jason Lepine

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *