- How to Keep Your Kids Entertained During a Long Road Trip
- Mom Who Carried Terminally Ill Baby To Term To Donate Organs, Has Given Birth
- Recall Alert: Frito-Lay Recalls Various Potato Chip Snacks
- Recall Alert: Chicken Soup Products
- Man Arrested For Punching Toddler
- WATCH: American Airlines Employee Said To Have Hit A Mom With Stroller – Just Missing Baby
- PRODUCT RECALL: Frozen Hash Browns
- Hair Color Appointment Almost Kills Pregnant Woman’s Baby
- Mom Shares Story About Secondary Drowning
- Nurse Drops Newborn And Fractures His Skull
Man Arrested After Grabbing Toddler In Playground
A man from Kansas City, MO is in custody and charged with attempted sodomy, after he allegedly assaulted a 2-year-old girl at a playground.
Court documents say that the girl’s mother managed to fight the man off and now he faces felony charges.
24-Year-Old William L.Bates Jr is charged with 1st degree attempted sodomy with a person under the age of 12.
Prosecutors said that Bates was at Kemp Playground where he began watching a 2-year-old girl. The child’s mother said that Bates walked up behind and snatched the girl off the swing and grabbed her by the hips and pulled her diaper down.
The Mother then saw him lift his shirt and take his pants down and began to thrust against her daughter. She ran at Bates and knocked him to the ground and continued to hit him.
Bates somehow managed to get away and run away from the park. The Mom ran to a nearby restart and asked staff to call the police. Police found him near the area where he was in possession of marijuana as well as an unidentified white vial of fluid with a chemical odor.
At the Jackson County Detention Center, Bates told police that he had gotten a cigarette from someone near the park and does not remember anything of the incident until he awoke inside a fenced in area and was taken into custody.
Bates will appear in court on Monday.