Missing 3-Year-Old Boy Found On School Bus After No One Lets Him Off

November 30, 2017
Keep Reading ↓

Missing 3-Year-Old Boy Found On School Bus After No One Lets Him Off

The Ebersold family happily sent their 3-year-old son off to preschool on the bus at 8.30 a.m. However, 3 hours later his mother got the frightening call that her son hadn’t turned up.

When the bus arrived at his preschool at around 9.15 a.m. Xavier Ebersold was allegedly marked present by his teacher. But at 11 a.m. Xavier’s mother was called by the school secretary who wanted to know why they boy was absent from school.

Understandably, the Ebersolds began to panic because they thought he was safely at school. Furthermore, their son had then been missing for over three hours and no one knew where he was or attempted to look for him.

Thankfully the boy was found by the executive director of the preschool just before noon, six miles away at another school. The boy was fast asleep and was still strapped into his car seat when he was found.

Image from Boston 25

Xavier’s father, Stephen told Fox 25 “My son was found in the Triumph Head Start school bus, in the parking lot of a different school on a different location. All by himself, sound asleep in a freezing cold school bus. The first thing he said to his mother was “momma I cried for you, nobody let me off the bus.”

The school has said it is investigating how the child was left on the bus. Executive director Karen Ennis says the school is cooperating with the Ebersolds and licensing authorities, however, she says that the staff members involved have been removed from duty.

The Department of Children, Youth, and Families are also said to be conducting an investigation into the incident.

Imagine from Police Handout

The bus driver, the bus monitor and the teacher involved have all been fired it has been reported. It is the duty of the monitor and bus driver to ensure all children are off the bus and to unbuckle them themselves.

Mrs. Ebersold has claimed that she attempted to report the incident to the police; however, she was told that no crime had been committed and thus nothing could be done about it.

“To me there’s no excuse for what happened to my son today. It’s kind of nerve-racking to think your child is not going to come home because someone didn’t take the 30 seconds to walk to the end of the bus. What would’ve happened if this had happened on a colder day or in the middle of summer?” Stephen Ebersold said.

Image from Facebook

Luckily, Xavier was unharmed and returned safely to his parents, however, it could have been much worse and all because of the lack of attention from those in charge. It is not clear who the blame falls with here, but either way it is a situation that simply never should have happened.

Mrs. Ebersold is taking no chances in the future though and has decided that from now on she will drive her son to school herself.



Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *