Mother Warns About Dangers Of Fentanyl By Posting Picture Of Dying Son

April 25, 2017
Keep Reading ↓

A picture posted on Facebook of a young man dying after taking fentanyl, has been shared close to 100,000 times.

A Calgary mom, Sherri Kent, posted the very sad image last week with a warning to others.

I just want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl,” she said “My son was not an addict he made a mistake that cost him his life.”

In the photo, Kent is lying on the hospital bed with her son who appears to be intubated and unconscious.

Michael passed away on March 21 at just 22 years of age. His obituary reads: “Michael was larger than life and giving to a fault.

I’ve lost my son to this horrible tragedy and want to make parents aware that it can happen to anyone,” wrote Kent.

Fentanyl is an opioid-based painkiller, which is roughly 100 times stronger than morphine and can be fatal even in tiny doses.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *