- 23 People Arrested In Gwinnett County Online Child Sex Sting
- Woman Left Baby In Hot Car To Go Pay Fine At Court
- Mother Warns About Dangers Of Fentanyl By Posting Picture Of Dying Son
- This Woman’s Burns Shows Essential Oils Can Be Dangerous
- The Popular Trend Of Baby Bed-Sharing Linked To Rising Infant Deaths
- How to Keep Your Kids Entertained During a Long Road Trip
- Mom Who Carried Terminally Ill Baby To Term To Donate Organs, Has Given Birth
- Recall Alert: Frito-Lay Recalls Various Potato Chip Snacks
- Recall Alert: Chicken Soup Products
- Man Arrested For Punching Toddler
Parents Beware: Girl Suffocates Wearing “Big Bow Headband”
Baby clothes are just so adorable. When it comes to having a baby girl, we tend to choose the frilliest and colorful dresses of our dreams as well as the cutest accessories to go along with the outfit too. Headbands are often seen on many newborn babies, but now parents are being warned that those big hairbands may be a danger.
According to Mirror, a new mom took to Facebook to post a warning about these big headbands, saying that her daughter died as a result of one of them.
The site says that a 14-week-old baby girl suffocated while wearing a “big bow headband” which slipped down from her head and covered her mouth and nose, cutting off her air supply. She then died in her sleep.
After the baby died, a friend of the Mom, shared the details on Facebook with a warning for other mothers to be aware and not let this same happen to their baby.
“Putting this warning out for all mums who have wee babies and use the big bow headbands on them,” the post said. “My friend has sadly just lost her 14-week-old daughter whilst she thought she was sleeping in her carry cot after a long walk.”
The woman, who lives in Glasgow in the UK, said that the mother was “utterly devastated” by the baby that she had called “Holly.”
She added, “When she came to check on her she had the bow headband down over her wee nose and mouth and wasn’t moving.. she had passed away. She wanted me to share for other new mums the danger some of these baby fashion accessories can have.”
The post has since been deleted from Facebook and according to reports, the Scotland police were not able to verify the details of the baby’s death.
If the baby’s death is indeed linked to the big headband bows, it’s an important reminder that when we put our babies down to sleep, we should make sure their cribs are clear of anything, this includes pillows, blankets and teddy bears.