Categories: Viral

Parents Warned After Baby Girl Suffocates From Wearing ‘Big Bow Headband’

Parents Warned After Baby Girl Suffocates From Wearing ‘Big Bow Headband’

One of the cutest things about having a child is being able to dress them because baby clothes are adorable. When it comes to having a little girl, not only do we get to choose the frilliest and colorful dresses of our dreams, but we can accessorize the outfit, too. Pretty shoes, frilly socks and headbands are often seen on even the youngest of babies.

But, parents are now being warned about those big headbands because they might be a real danger.

Big Headbands

According to Mirror, a heartbroken new mom took to Facebook to post a warning about the big headbands saying her daughter died as a result of one of them.

The site reports a 14-week-old baby girl suffocated while wearing a “big bow headband” that slipped down from her head and covered her mouth and nose, cutting off her air supply and she died in her sleep.

Warning


After the baby died, a friend of the mother, whose name has not been released, shared the details on Facebook with a warning for other mothers to be aware and not let this same tragic accident happen to their baby.

“Putting this warning out for all mums who have wee babies and use the big bow headbands on them,” the post read. “My friend has sadly just lost her 14-week-old daughter whilst she thought she was sleeping in her carry cot after a long walk.”

Devastated

The woman, who lives in Glasgow in the UK, said the mother was “utterly devastated” by the baby that she had called “Holly.”

She continued, “When she came to check on her she had the bow headband down over her wee nose and mouth and wasn’t moving.. she had passed away,” the post went on to read. “She wanted me to share for other new mums the danger some of these baby fashion accessories can have.”

The post has since been deleted from Facebook and according to reports, the Scotland police haven’t been able to verify the details of the baby’s death.

Important Reminder

Hard to imagine the pain this family is feeling if indeed this story really is a result of the big headband bows. It’s also an important reminder that when we put our babies down to sleep, we should make sure their cribs are free from anything, including pillows and blankets, and their clothing is something safe to sleep in.

Because you never know and it’s better to be safe than find yourself in a heartbreaking similar situation.

Tell us your thoughts in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your friends!

Hayley Malan

Hayley Malan is a full time working Mom and freelance writer. She gets her inspiration from her own experiences as a mother.

Recent Posts

Incredible Surgery in the Womb Corrects Baby’s Spina Bifida After Her Parents Reject Abortion

There is now hope for children with spina bifida as doctors develop new techniques to correct the defect in utero.…

15 hours ago

Missing 11-Year-Old Florida Girl Was Lured By 24-Year-Old Man Posing As Young Girl On Minecraft

An 11-year-old girl from Florida who went missing was lured by a man who posed as a young girl on…

15 hours ago

Mom Charged After Walking Into Hospital Carrying ‘Obviously Deceased’ Toddler

My heart completely breaks for people waiting to get pregnant or to adopt a kid who is going to be…

15 hours ago

Schools Are Now Selling Bulletproof Panels For Kid’s Backpacks

It’s not uncommon to see schools selling a variety of different items, usually marketed towards parents as a means of…

16 hours ago

Breaking News: Middle School Student Shoots Himself At School

A seventh grader in Ohio shot himself in a school bathroom early on Tuesday, authorities have confirmed. The student shot…

2 days ago

People Really Want Child-Free Zones On Planes

For some people, the idea of being seated next to a child or baby is literally their own personal definition…

2 days ago