Powerball Winner From New Jersey With $338 million – Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Child

September 20, 2017
Keep Reading ↓

Powerball Winner From New Jersey With $338 million – Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Child

Pedro Quezada, 49, of Wayne, New Jersey (Photo/Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office)

A New Jersey man who won a major Powerball lottery drawing is accused of sexually assaulting a young child.

The Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office said 49-year-old Pedro Quezada, of Wayne, allegedly assaulted a girl from the time she was 11 years old until she was 14.

He’s facing charges of first- and second-degree sexual assault, as well as endangering the welfare of a child.

Investigators said there do not appear to be other victims.

Quezada won the $338 million Powerball jackpot in 2013. Here’s a photo from when he was announced as the winner:

In this Tuesday, March 26, 2013 file photo, Pedro Quezada, the winner of the Powerball jackpot, talks to the media during a news conference at the New Jersey Lottery headquarters. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez, File)

If convicted, he could spend more than 20 years in prison.

Nanny Marissa Mowry, Accused Of Molesting 11-year-old, Is Pregnant Again

Marissa Mowry, the nanny police say molested an 11-year-old boy who got her pregnant, is expecting another child.

Mowry was in court Monday with a noticeable baby bump. Sources tell FOX 13 News the father is her current boyfriend.

Last month, FOX 13 spoke to the alleged victim’s mother. She says Mowry was the family’s live-in nanny for years. When Mowry got pregnant, she told everyone the father was an ex-boyfriend. The victim’s mother had no reason to doubt it until her son told her the truth.

“Mowry abused my son physically, mentally and sexually,” she said.

Now the victim and his mother are raising his 3-year-old son. She hopes Mowry will go to jail for a long time. “I hope she goes away for life,” she said.

Mowry faces child sex charges. She is back in court in November.

Marissa Mowry, the nanny accused of molesting an 11-year-old boy and having his child, is pregnant again.

THOMASTON, Maine (Village Soup) — Thomaston police are investigating a second incident this week in which a person in a white van tried to entice a child to get into a vehicle.

BREAKING NEWS: Second report of van driver trying to pick up child

The superintendent of the Rockland area school district issued a letter Wednesday in response to the incidents.

Thomaston Police Chief Tim Hoppe said that the middle school student was riding his bicycle to school Wednesday morning, Sept. 20 and was near F & A Market when the van stopped and an older man asked him to get in the vehicle.

The child reported it to his mother, Hoppe said, but she did not contact police.

The mother posted the incident on Facebook. Police contacted her and spoke to the student at Oceanside Middle School after being alerted to the incident by the Courier-Gazette which had read the post.

Hoppe urged the public to report such incidents to police as soon as possible.

This incident was the second this week reported to police.

On Monday, at about 3 p.m. a white van with three men stopped and asked a young girl walking home on Ash Point Drive in Owls Head to get in the vehicle. The child ran into the woods and then to her home where her parents reported the incident to police.

Knox County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Tim Carroll said Tuesday that police encourage parents to talk to their kids and discuss the dangers of things that can happen.

For children, he recommended that when they are alone they should not get too close to any stranger.

“Be alert to your surroundings and people approaching you when you’re alone, and scream, yell, make some commotion if at any time you feel threatened by a stranger’s approach,” Carroll said. “Draw attention to yourself the best you can, and get to an adult that you trust and report what you observed immediately to the police.”

Regional School Unit 13 Superintendent John McDonald issued a statement Sept. 20.

“Our administrators and staff are also on alert, and are being watchful for any suspicious activity around our schools during the school day. This is an opportunity to speak with your children about safety. In both of these cases, the children did the right things. They refused to go with the stranger, they left the area immediately, and the told adults. I encourage you to have this conversation with your children. As always, safety for your children at school is our top priority, and I want to assure the public that we are working with our very professional and supportive police departments to increase vigilance and awareness at all of our school locations,” McDonald said.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *