- How to Keep Your Kids Entertained During a Long Road Trip
- Mom Who Carried Terminally Ill Baby To Term To Donate Organs, Has Given Birth
- Recall Alert: Frito-Lay Recalls Various Potato Chip Snacks
- Recall Alert: Chicken Soup Products
- Man Arrested For Punching Toddler
- WATCH: American Airlines Employee Said To Have Hit A Mom With Stroller – Just Missing Baby
- PRODUCT RECALL: Frozen Hash Browns
- Hair Color Appointment Almost Kills Pregnant Woman’s Baby
- Mom Shares Story About Secondary Drowning
- Nurse Drops Newborn And Fractures His Skull
Recall Alert: Frozen Pizza Recalled For Possible Listeria Contamination
A Vernon company has issued a recall of 21,000 pounds of frozen pizza sold at Walmart stores, due to the possibility of Listeria contamination.
The 16-inch pizza made by RBR Meat Co. is sold as “Marketside Extra Large Supreme Pizza“. It has a lot code 20547.
Routine tests by the company displayed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in pizza produced on Feb. 23, 2017. This is according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Every year, about 1,600 people are infected with listeriosis and of those, 260 die – says the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Symptoms of listeriosis include fever, muscle aches, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal issues. Pregnant women, newborns, older adults and people with weakened immune systems are most at risk.
The company said no confirmed reports of illness have been made.
The pizza is sold at Walmart stores throughout the West Coast and anyone who purchased the product is urged to throw it away or return it to the store of purchase.