Teenage Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted In Her Sleep

November 19, 2017
Keep Reading ↓

A teenage girl in Vietnam has died after being electrocuted in her sleep by her faulty iPhone charging cable.

Le Thi Xoan, aged 14, reportedly rolled over onto the torn cable and as a result, been exposed to the live wire, police in the Vietnamese capital Hanoi said.

The girl was found unconscious by her parents and was rushed to a local hospital; however, doctors were unable to revive her and pronounced her dead.

Police later found the burnt white cable on her bed and believe that a slight tear in the rubber casing may have revealed the live wires inside.

According to investigators, the police believe that the girl had plugged her Apple device into charge and laid the iPhone 6 on her bed just like she did every night.

The police said the tragedy likely struck as she slept and rolled onto the iPhone’s charging cable, which electrocuted her with the current.

The charging cable is now being inspected but the authorities said they are yet to determine whether it was the original Apple wire or a third-party device.

In a picture showing the burnt cable, it appears to be shorter than Apple’s original 20-inch charging cable.

See-through tape had also been wrapped around the front of the cable, which suggests that the victim may have been aware of the wear and tear but decided to continue using it regardless.

Couple Too High On Meth To Take Baby Suffering From Severe Burns To Hospital

 

The parents of a baby who was reportedly burned over 40-percent of her body have been sentenced to prison, after they failed to seek medical care for the baby.

Their 16-day-old baby girl, Mia’Kota Eddy, was badly burned while being bathed by a 16-year-old cousin on December 27, 2016.

“(The girl) stated the infant was in the sink under the running water, and she said she turned off what she thought was the hot water. However, she accidentally turned off the cold water and the infant was accidentally burned,” Ada Police Detective Brian Engel stated in an affidavit.

According to KXII, police said that the water hit 145-degrees.

The teenage girl told her mother, who then called the infant’s parents, 25-year-old Patrick Edward Eddy and 26-year-old Candace Mercedes Matthews.

Eddy and Matthews later picked up the child and took her home.

The following day, the family friend went to check on the baby, an affidavit states. The woman walked into the home and found the baby crying.

“(The woman) stated on arrival she observed the infant to be in a bed crying, and she stated the infant’s diaper was full of urine and feces,” Engel said in the affidavit. “

(The woman) stated (Eddy and Matthews) were asleep in a bed next to the infant. (The woman) stated she then observed the burn on the infant’s stomach, and she stated the injury looked ‘awful’. (The woman) stated she woke up (Matthews) and asked her if she wanted her to take the infant to the hospital.”

The woman later took the infant to a hospital, where she was then flown to an Oklahoma City hospital to be treated for her severe burns.

Sadly, the infant suffered first- and second-degree burns over 40-percent of her body.

If we hadn’t got her help, she could’ve laid there and died,”  LaCretia McDow said.

According to the affidavit, the parents, Eddy and Matthews, admitted that they did not take the child to the hospital because they were high on methamphetamine and were unaware of the extent of the baby’s injuries.

The affidavit also mentions the parents had no idea their child had been flown to an Oklahoma City hospital for treatment and were sleeping when officers arrived to question them about the infant’s burns.

The infant was later sent to a burn center in Arkansas to recover.

Officials said that the baby survived her injuries.  She remains in state custody.

Eddy and Matthews have arrested for child neglect.

This week, the couple took a plea deal and have sentenced to 10 years in prison.

SaveSave

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *