Categories: Viral

This Mom Says Her Baby Died Shortly After She Applied Vicks VapoRub To Her Baby

  • A mother is speaking out after losing her 2-year-old
  • Ointment is actually said to increases the mucus by 60% for babies.
  • The mucus accumulates on the trachea, which blocks the breathing.

Vicks VapoRub, one of the most common over the counter medications, is often used as a treatment for colds and nasal congestion and it is also applied on muscles and joints to relieve pain and other ailments. The use of Vick VapoRub may, however, have fatal consequences to small babies.

A mother is speaking about her tragedy and her intention is to warn other parents and prevent someone else to go through the hell she’s living after losing her 2-year-old child.

This mother came back from work and noticed that her child had a fever. She assumed that it was just a common cold and she decided to use a home remedy to relieve him.She rubbed Vick’s VapoRub onto his chest, back and under his nose to help him breathe a bit easier.

Then, she tucked him up and after he was asleep, she fell asleep next to her baby boy. When she woke up a few hours later she noticed that her son wasn’t breathing. She immediately took him to the hospital. Unfortunately, it was too late – the baby was already dead.

According to the medical opinion, the child died due to inflammation in the respiratory track, which was produced by the camphor contained in the famous ointment.

Vick VapoRub is an efficient treatment for adults, but when it comes to babies younger than 2 years, this ointment is actually said to increases the mucus by 60%. The mucus accumulates on the trachea, which blocks the breathing.

The label of this product contains a warning that the ointment is contraindicated and should not be used for children younger the age of 3.

Sadly, this mother did not read the label and notice the warning.

Hayley Malan

Hayley Malan is a full time working Mom and freelance writer. She gets her inspiration from her own experiences as a mother.

Recent Posts

Breaking News: Middle School Student Shoots Himself At School

A seventh grader in Ohio shot himself in a school bathroom early on Tuesday, authorities have confirmed. The student shot…

23 hours ago

People Really Want Child-Free Zones On Planes

For some people, the idea of being seated next to a child or baby is literally their own personal definition…

23 hours ago

Mom Falls In Coma After C-Section, But Her Baby Brought Her Back To Life 1 Week Later

What was thought to be a routine delivery, quickly turned into a awful medical emergency. When Shelly Cawley went into…

23 hours ago

Mother Admits To Poisoning Her 7-Week-Old Baby On Purpose And Killing Him

Heartbreaking story of a little boy whose short life was cut when his mother took away any chance he had.…

23 hours ago

Distraught Mother Drops Off 2 Children At Phoenix Fire Station

Fire Crews at Phoenix Fire Station 22 responded to an unusual emergency when a young mother showed up on their…

2 days ago

7-Year-Old Was The 5th Child Shot In 11 Days In Jacksonville

Boy's death draws outrage from community, police, city leaders   The death of a 7-year-old Jacksonville boy in a drive-by shooting Sunday night…

2 days ago