Categories: Viral

This Mom Says Her Baby Got Sick After Placing Him In Shopping Cart At Grocery Store

What started out as a quick trip to the grocery store For Vivienne Wardropwith and her 10-month-old son Logan, ended up with him becoming very ill and rushed to the local hospital.

For over a week, the boy battled several illnesses – including meningitis. Following an investigation as to where the child could have been in contact with the bacterial infection, doctors suspect that it was the grocery store shopping cart.

After the incident, Vivienne is now strongly urging others to always sanitize the shopping carts before putting their children inside.

About 24 hours after leaving the grocery store, Logan started vomiting. He also had a high fever and severe diarrhea. “He had diarrhea everywhere,” she said. “I was trying to give him a bottle and he was vomiting.”

As his condition worsened, she took him to the pediatrician. They were sent her back home, saying it was just a virus. However, by the next day, Logan did not get better and was suffering from dehydration.

Vivienne didn’t want to take any chances, so she took Logan straight to the hospital where they saved his life. He spent the next 10 days in the hospital- the first 8 of which were in the ICU.

After his stay at the hospital, Logan was diagnosed with a number of illnesses including adenovirus, rotavirus, salmonella and meningitis. which left him having to fight for his life.

The Center of Disease Control says that newborns and babies are at a greater risk for contacting meningitis. Fever, headache, neck stiffness, irritation, lack of appetite, or inactivity are some of the symptoms. It spreads from person to person, however, some strains can be contracted from a surface.

After the heartbreaking incident with her son, who thankfully recovered, Vivienne knew she had to warn other parents about it.

When using shopping carts, make sure to disinfect the area using an antibacterial wipe before placing the child in it or carry them instead.

Hayley Malan

Hayley Malan is a full time working Mom and freelance writer. She gets her inspiration from her own experiences as a mother.

Recent Posts

Schools Are Now Selling Bulletproof Panels For Kid’s Backpacks

It’s not uncommon to see schools selling a variety of different items, usually marketed towards parents as a means of…

4 mins ago

Breaking News: Middle School Student Shoots Himself At School

A seventh grader in Ohio shot himself in a school bathroom early on Tuesday, authorities have confirmed. The student shot…

1 day ago

People Really Want Child-Free Zones On Planes

For some people, the idea of being seated next to a child or baby is literally their own personal definition…

1 day ago

Mom Falls In Coma After C-Section, But Her Baby Brought Her Back To Life 1 Week Later

What was thought to be a routine delivery, quickly turned into a awful medical emergency. When Shelly Cawley went into…

1 day ago

Mother Admits To Poisoning Her 7-Week-Old Baby On Purpose And Killing Him

Heartbreaking story of a little boy whose short life was cut when his mother took away any chance he had.…

1 day ago

Distraught Mother Drops Off 2 Children At Phoenix Fire Station

Fire Crews at Phoenix Fire Station 22 responded to an unusual emergency when a young mother showed up on their…

2 days ago