Viral: 5-Year-Old Snatched by Kidnapper, Neighbor Boys Chase Van for 15 Minutes. Then Kidnapper Spots Him…

October 18, 2017
Keep Reading ↓

“It’s something you don’t wish on anybody.”

Viral: 5-Year-Old Snatched by Kidnapper, Neighbor Boys Chase Van for 15 Minutes. Then Kidnapper Spots Him…

Two teenage Lancaster, Pennsylvania boys are being hailed as heroes after rescuing 5-year-old Jocelyn Rojas from a kidnapper. Little Jocelyn was playing in her yard when promises of ice cream lured her into a stranger’s car.

“It’s something you don’t wish on anybody,” the girl’s mother told ABC News. “Horrible, horrible thoughts flashed through my mind.”

Police were called as friends and neighbors began scouring the neighborhood, searching for the child. Fifteen-year-old Temar Boggs and his friend Chris Garcia grabbed their bicycles and joined the hunt. About a half mile away, the boys spotted Jocelyn riding in the passenger street of a maroon sedan. The boys gave chase, even as the driver tried to lose them.

“Every time we’d go down the street, he’d turn back around, and then … we’ll follow him,” told Boggs to CNN affiliate WGAL.
“I wasn’t scared. I was just [thinking], ‘Save the little girl, make sure she was okay,’” said Boggs. “If he wasn’t going to stop, I was probably going to, like, jump on the car.”

After 15 heart-pounding minutes, the boys said the driver stopped suddenly and pushed Jocelyn out of the car before speeding off again. Their chase was finally over.
“She ran to me and said that she needed her mom,” Boggs told ABC News.

“He’s our hero,” said the child’s mother. “There’s no words to say. I’m so grateful.”

Boggs feels good about finding Jocelyn, saying, “I feel like I just won the best game of my life.”

The neighborhood gathered to recognize the actions of these heroes and thank them for their bravery. Little Jocelyn’s family covered the boy in hugs, grateful that their precious child was safe.

Though Boggs was willing to jump on the vehicle should he needed to, fortunately the persistence of the two courageous young men scared the kidnapper off. A daughter’s home safe, a kidnapper’s attempts thwarted, and uncommon kindness and persistence shown by teenagers — all in all, a shining example of the remaining good side of humanity.

A woman was accused of killing two of her children…

Breaking News: Warrant: Mother Accused Of ‘Knowingly And Intentionally’ Killing Children

A woman was accused of killing two of her children, “knowingly and intentionally” caused their death “by placing them in an oven and turning it on,” according to th arrest warrant obtained by Channel 2 Action News.

According to the warrant, 24-year-old Lamora Williams put her sons in the oven sometime between midnight Thursday and 11 p.m. Friday.

The father of the children, Jameel Penn, said Williams called him on Friday night and showed him video of the situation.

Penn told Channel 2 Action News that he immediately called the police.
When officers arrived at the scene in southwest Atlanta, 2-year-old Ke’Younte Penn and 1-year-old Ja’Karter Williams were dead, officials said.
Williams waived her first court appearance on Monday and would remain in jail.

Family members told Channel 2 Action News that Williams struggled with mental health issues.
“When I saw that mug shot, I knew that was not my little sister,” Lamora Williams’ sister, Tabitha Hollingsworth, said.

Hollingsworth said her sister struggled with a variety of issues.
“She’s had issues ever since a baby, issues my mom tried to address with the state of Georgia,” Hollingsworth said.

Police said a man killed his girlfriend’s 17-month-old son and stole her car stereo and laptop while she was at the hospital with her dying other child.

BREAKING NEWS: Police – Man Kills Girlfriend’s Toddler Son, Then Robs Her

Police said a man killed his girlfriend’s 17-month-old son and stole her car stereo and laptop while she was at the hospital with her dying other child.

The Bradenton Herald reports that 31-year-old David Vickers was being held without bail on charges of second-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.

Authorities say Vickers was taking care of Luca Sholey while the child’s mother was at work. Vickers claimed he put the boy to bed and found him unresponsive when he checked on him an hour later.

An autopsy determined Sholey’s death was caused by blunt-force trauma to his brain. The toddler also had bruises on his chest accompanied by six broken ribs.
Vickers was also charged with theft after police say he pawned a car stereo and computer owned by Sholey’s mother.

Luca was pronounced dead on Aug. 25, four days after Vickers called his girlfriend to tell her that she needed to come home in the 200 block of Peacock Lane because her little boy wasn’t breathing.

Luca was taken to Blake Medical Center and then airlifted in critical condition to Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg.

Luca’s death is believed to have been caused by asphyxiation.

According to the Holmes Beach Police Department, Vickers was in possession of multiple photos and three videos that are believed to have been taken shortly after Luca was abused on numerous occasions. One of the videos is 48 seconds long and depicts Luca “lying on his back on a mattress in significant respiratory distress,” an arrest report states.

Police questioned Vickers about the video, which he admitted that he took on Aug. 18, according to police. Vickers said he found Luca that way and wanted to document the event for Luca’s mother, but he didn’t attempt to call 911 at the time. According to an affidavit, Vickers said he handled the situation “poorly” and had used heroin earlier that day.

During the investigation, detectives found Luca was frequently abused. Medical examiners found evidence of six rib fractures in separate stages of healing. Two of them appeared to have happened about 10 days before Luca was pronounced dead.

Luca had recently been diagnosed with pink eye and thrush, an infection that allows a white rash to grow in the mouth. Both conditions were found to be misdiagnosed.

Luca’s pink eye and thrush were both determined to be caused by trauma to the eye and upper lip. Luca’s other injuries include bruising to the chest, a possibly fractured thumb, a thin hemorrhage in the brain and a liver injury.

An autopsy confirmed that Luca’s brain was swollen and that he had various stages of broken ribs, but further tests were required to determine the cause of death, according to police reports.

Vickers claimed that on the night of Aug. 21, the boy had fallen down the stairs while playing with his sister and hit his head, ultimately developing a brain injury. At 8:40 p.m., Vickers said he placed Luca down in bed on his back, then came back an hour later to find him face down in a pillow and beginning to turn blue. Vickers then called Luca’s mother and 911.

Medical experts say it would have been impossible for Luca to turn over on his own, as he would have been unconscious from the injury he suffered, according to police reports.

Doctors pronounced Luca brain dead on Aug. 25, but his parents kept him alive long enough to have his organs donated to those in need. Eric Sholey, Luca’s father, said his son’s organs saved the lives of two little girls and a 54-year-old man.

Vickers served a prison sentence from September 2014 until May 18 of this year after he was convicted of trafficking stolen property and defrauding a pawn broker.

Vickers is currently in Manatee County jail and being held without bond.

The Holmes Beach Police Department worked with the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office to conduct the criminal investigation. Another investigation is being handled by the sheriff’s office Child Protection Investigative Division, which handles all child welfare cases for the Florida Department of Children and Families in Manatee County.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *