Warning To Parents: A Girl Has Nearly Choked On A Fidget Spinner

June 10, 2017
Keep Reading ↓

A firefighter in Indiana is warning parents about fidget spinners, after his daughter nearly choked on a metal piece that flew off.

The child was spinning her fidget spinner while sitting in the backseat of their car when one of the metal bearings broke off and flew into her mouth. This is according to a Facebook post on Dacatur Township Fire Department’s page.

“I did about 5 minutes of back blows and with her coughing, it became dislodged and went to her stomach,” the firefighter wrote.

The girl was hospitalized and later released and a photo of an x-ray showed the metal piece stuck in the girl’s stomach.

Thankfully this turned out well, but please be aware that it can be a choking hazard,” the department warned.

Fidget spinners are made of plastic, metal and a ball bearing and have become the most popular toy of the year.

The toy was initially seen as a popular item for people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism.

They have however since been banned in certain schools after teachers claimed they were more of a distraction than a helpful tool.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *